Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mecca Ellerbys' experience volunteering at the Sunday Breakfast Mission.

I always had a passion for filling hungry bellies, since I was old enough to understand cooking. The moment I burnt my first egg attempting to serve my mom, i knew i wanted to do it more. (in the correct manner) lol. At the Sunday Breakfast Mission I got to exercise my passion. Although I didn't necessarily cook, I still enjoyed the serving aspect. When the trays were placed in front of the homeless their was a true look of appreciation on their faces. It felt good to know that with my actions I helped someone in a position in which I could be. I love what the SBM does for the homeless its the beautiful thing. Although its a difficult job to bed and feed so many, they did so well to make the duty effortless! I got a good nights rest knowing i blessed some.

No comments:

Post a Comment