Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Keith Miller Catering and Networking

I was astonished to help out at the American Public Health Association conference. I got to interact with hundreds of people including my teammates, family, and co-workers. Allowing us to spread our information to others and also explain to people what we do, how we do it and why. I became more comfortable with speaking in front of large crowds. It was a joy seeing people looking engaged in what my crew and I were expressing and that made me feel confident and also made my crew feel more united and did an outstanding job with our presentation . I got to converse with people from all over the country, who had alot in common with what we do. But, there was so many questions asked towards me it felt as though this was a new thing for them, which made me feel even better because I was telling adults, I might add, things that us teens do which is basically raising awareness about nutrition and healthy lifestyles around the West Philadelphia area. Our special we made for the catering was breathtaking. Everyone loved the recipe and asked for some copies. The food was delicious and from what I heard, it was the best sweet potato soup some of the people ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment